Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ahhh... Summer Clothes

Hello beautiful thing,
maybe you could save my life
In just a glance,
down here on magic street
Loves a fool's dance
And I ain't got much sense,
but I still got my feet

The girls in their summer clothes
In the cool of the evening light
The girls in their summer clothes,
pass me by

The girls in their summer clothes
In the cool of the evening light
The girls in their summer clothes,
pass me by - Bruce Springsteen

Apparently Bruce isn't the only one who ain't got much sense when he sees girls in their summer clothes. Let almost any man catch a glimse of a happy, care-free gal in a fun, batik-y print and watch the results....

Today I discovered some particularly fetching - and affordable - summer clothing and I felt the need to pass the information along. Five words.... Calypso St Barth's for Target. Calypso is a island nymph best known for captivating and waylaying Odysseus in Homer's Odyssey. I'm guessing that as an island nypth/temptress, Calypso wasn't always wearing a lot of clothing. I'm also guessing that her island didn't have a Target. No matter....I still find the line aptly named. (If a goddess-type was looking for the perfect outfit to wear to a beachside candlelight dinner with her dashing, distractable royal beau, I feel certain a number of these adorable outfits would fit the bill.)

There are times when it makes sense to save up and purchase a really well - constructed dress or pair of pants and there are times when it makes sense to swing by Target.

I mentioned a while back that I'm enjoying my beach hair. I can't think of anything better to pair that beach hair with than the lovely aqua, belted, fan print tunic dress featured on the front page of the Sea Collection link. Isn't it just the cutest thing? It doesn't really look substantial enough to be worn as a "real" dress, but I think it would make a great beach coverup. I already know which sandals I'd wear with it too.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along. If you're looking for affordable duds to take with you to the beach this summer, you might want to check this out. Sadly, most of us don't live on a remote island and we aren't cavorting with any handsome traveling Kings. The upside of that is that most of us do live near and can afford to shop at Target.

Step 1 to looking and feeling fab this summer: Stop by Hot Heads Step 2: Stop by Target (There's one right down the street from Hot Heads.) Step #3: Get on I-4 going either direction and drive until you hit a beach. Five more days to the weekend! :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment